Brown-Forman Market Manager, Off Premise - Metro NY in Metro New York, New York
Position Title: Market Manager, Off Premise – Metro NY
Business Area: NAR Sales
Location: Metro, NY
Reports to: State Manager, Off premise
Partners with: Distributor, Key Customer Contacts, Field Marketing Managers, Territory Finance Manager, Commercial Specialist, Territory Portfolio Manager
Territory: Metro New York
Account & Field Execution
● Brand responsibility & knowledge includes the entire B-F portfolio
● Assumes leadership role in understanding, developing and implementing key retail customer initiatives
● Creates customer focused win-win initiatives that enhance B-F and customer profitability
● Establish positive customer rapport at all levels in all assigned accounts and throughout the distributor sales teams
● Conducts business performance reviews in accordance with achieving customer plans
● Assist with the implementation of Empire’s dedicated ADS Manager in the area of account development, program execution and brand execution
● Partners with BF National/Regional distributor account team to ensure distributor execution of Chain programs
● Manages buy-the-barrel programs and acts as the liaison between distributors & customers to promote the program, facilitate orders and execute merchandising & promotion of barrel sales
● Gathers competitive intel & trends to share with B-F teams
● Continuing the execution of E-Commerce Management with key account universe
● Ensures B-F merchandising standards are met in designated account list (display, shelf sets, cold box placement etc) and POS is properly leveraged
● Holds tertile reviews with Agency Management to ensure successful implementation of BF strategic pillars
● Works in accordance with all state laws as well as B-F internal code of conduct
● Works to encompass the development of off-premise brand building plans that are successfully executed in collaboration with distributor partner along with an ROI analysis on each program after completion
● Develops appropriate sell sheets, sales tools, GSM decks and brand information sheets and/or POS to support distributor sales efforts and communicate priority programs & objectives
● Lead distributor GSM meetings, participate in planning s and review meetings to ensure distributor teams are aligned, informed and accountable
● Develops relationships with distributor network to help drive share of mind for B-F brands
● Work-withs in the field with distributor managers & sales reps to collaboratively sell-in new distribution, programs, displays etc
● Maintain a regular dialogue with identified stakeholders within distributor network to ensure accountability and continued focus against off-premise specific priorities and goals
Administration & Collaboration
● Champions the off-premise effort to win at the point of purchase. Collaborates with market teams to ensure superior distributor execution of brand initiatives.
● Communicates pricing expectations to customer and contributes feedback to the overall B-F pricing plans to maximize brand performance and competitive positioning
● Works directly with TPM & FMMs to develop and execute channel specific plans to include utilization of the eClips planning tool, budget trackers, sharing of best practices and POS management
● Actively seeks out new opportunities for incremental funds (via RAPs) to support increased programming in the market
● Manage off-premise POS ordering & usage at the discretion of State Manager
● Collaborates with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, consumers and promotion agencies.
● Uses analytics tools (including but not limited to market recap, account snapshots & distributor diver systems) to identify opportunities
● Collaborate with on-premise counterpart to ensure that programming is aligned and 360 in nature to maximize market impact
● Responsible for coordinating all incentive trip plans & details (at the discretion of the State Manager)
● Work with distributor Craft Specialists to develop relevant off-premise programs and provide training/knowledge on our brand plans and platforms
● Adherence to all timelines & deadlines as set forth by management
● Budget responsibilities (TMF & SG&A)
Must Have Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a consumer products industry.
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with distributor, broker, accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Demonstrated strong coaching and sales training skills
● Demonstrated knowledge of off-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior from the area team.
● Literate with spreadsheet programs (such as Excel & Google), word processing programs (such as Word), presentation programs (such as PowerPoint) and communication programs (such as G-Mail).
● Must have valid state driver’s license.
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds. #AP 1 #TAP
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Sales
City: Metro New York
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt