Brown-Forman Senior Internal Audit Consultant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The Brown-Forman (B-F) Internal Audit department provides internal audit services to all areas of B-F’s operations across the globe. The audit services are typically consultative, operational, financial, compliance or IT in scope and focus on improving business processes/controls to enable management to achieve their business objectives. This position is responsible for planning and performing audits for the purpose of evaluating the adequacy of internal controls associated with business processes, including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and the adherence of those processes to Brown-Forman’s policies and procedures. The Senior Audit Consultant will participate in audits that will contribute to their knowledge of the Company’s operations and improve their understanding of the business. This includes being involved in audits for different markets, locations, brands, departments, business units, and working with employees at all levels of the Company. The Senior Audit Consultant is expected to build a network for future career opportunities.
What You Can Expect:
● The Audit Consultant is responsible for planning and performing audits for the purpose of evaluating:
○ The effectiveness, efficiency, and adequacy of internal controls
○ Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
○ The effectiveness and efficiency of operations
○ The accuracy and completeness of presented business information
● The Audit Consultant works closely with operating management (the client) to set the objectives for the audit by identifying areas to be examined and then obtains agreement on methodology, timeline, and specific project deliverables.
● The Audit Consultant performs and documents procedures during each audit.
This includes, analyzing information, formulating recommendations, and working with the client to develop action plans to address concerns.
● The Audit Consultant completes audit reports with their findings,
recommendations, and management action plans. Additionally, the Audit
Consultant is responsible for follow-up communications with operating
management to ensure adoption of agreed-upon action plans.
● The Audit Consultant effectively interacts with the external auditor to complete Sarbanes-Oxley testwork and direct assistance procedures.
We Are Looking For People Who:
Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Bachelor's degree in
Accounting, Finance, or related field.
Experience: 3- 5 years of financial experience.
What Makes You Unique:
Education: Masters Degree (M.A., MBA or Equivalent); Accounting, Finance, or related field.
● Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
● Experience traveling and working internationally.
● Experience in the beverage alcohol or consumer products industry.
● Previous experience working at a Big 4 public firm.
● Experience operating and/or auditing in an SAP environment (i.e. ERP, SCM,
HR, BW, CRM, and/or Portal).
Nothing Better in the Market:
Total Rewards at Brown-Forman is designed to engage our people to ensure sustainable and profitable growth for generations to come. As a premium spirits company, we offer premium and equitable pay. We offer a range of premium benefits that reflect our company values and meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We are dedicated to creating a responsible drinking culture, providing a safe, inclusive, and engaging workplace, protecting the environment, and making a positive contribution to our communities.
Locations considered for this opening:
B-F Headquarters office in Louisville, KY
Locations across in Cincinnati, OH, Indianapolis, IN and Nashville, TN for a remote work from home set-up
This position is posted with multiple locations, you only need to apply to one of the postings to be considered for all locations and/or the remote work option.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00004565