Brown-Forman 2nd Shift Quality Control Specialist in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One... Responsible for performing the qualitative analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and product samples collected throughout the Malt Beverage, Liqueurs and Spirits production process. Has ultimate authority regarding chemical analysis, treatment, adjustment, and approval for bottling during his/her shift. Indirectly coordinates and directs the activities of up to 5 hourly employees in the sampling, treatment, and adjustment of products being processed on the shift. Operates and maintains precision lab equipment on the shift.
Shift Hours 2nd Shift Hours Monday - Friday 3:00 P.M. - 11:30 P.M. Flexibility required depending on production needs.
What You Can Expect
● Monitors the production and processing of malt beverages, bourbon, spirits, and liqueurs to ensure it meets Quality Control requirements.
● Plans, organizes, and conducts chemical, qualitative and organoleptic analysis on in- process and finished product samples, incoming beverage alcohol product receipts and select raw materials to insure adherence to manufacturing and quality standards.
● Recommends adjustments and corrections to bring products to standard during processing on his/her shift.
● Perform micro analysis on malt beverage and related bulk materials
● Monitors finished package appearance on the Bottling lines taking appropriate action, placing materials, or cases on hold as needed.
● Conducts pre-delivery sample tests for flavors and packaging materials, completing the necessary paperwork, informing appropriate parties, and contacting vendors as needed.
● Conducts monthly HK&S and quality systems audits, making suggestions for improvement when necessary.
● Maintains communication with QC and Bottling personnel sharing information and updating training documents as needed.
● Works with internal partners, QA and R&D as needed.
● Maintains calibration on all lab equipment within BFB.
● Oversees data trends on all products to write variances, adjust specs, change formulas/procedures, and to keep other Brown-Forman departments, i.e. Quality Assurance, informed of any significant trends.
● Facilities and supports HACCP and Food Safety efforts for the Bottling and Processing organizations.
We Are Looking For People Who
Have a Bachelor's Degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field AND/OR four years’ experience in beverage/food industry, analytical methods and laboratory procedures including general laboratory equipment.
Ability to work periodic overtime or alternate work schedules, as operations require.
This position may be required to work first, second, or third shift.
Computer literacy with windows, Microsoft products, and Google is required
What You Can Add To The Team
Experience: Education: College/University (Bachelors or Equivalent); Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
Experience: Bachelor degree or working toward in Chemistry or related field and 2 years previous experience in the distilled spirits/beverage/food industry, particularly with analytical methods,
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00002521