Brown-Forman Controls Engineer in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One Responsible for programming and improving packaging and process controls systems including PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMI (Human Machine Interface) applications, servo motors, etc. in order to support plant manufacturing business objectives. Responsible for selection, integration, startup, and calibration of various controls instrumentation including variable frequency drives, two state control valves, throttling valves, motors, flow meters and other process indicating devices. Must be able to troubleshoot systems and find root cause. Lead and execute engineering projects.
Hours - Flexible - 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM OR 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
What You Can Expect
• Develop, maintain and execute 5 year obsolescence and automation / network infrastructure upgrade plan .
• Responsible for engineering projects in bottling/ shipping / processing across 2 sites
• Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of the plant controls system to support plant manufacturing business objectives
• Support daily management of PLC's, HMIs, and related instrumentation and programming issues in order to maximize plant efficiency and reliability.
• Provide troubleshooting and development support for plant (24hrs/7days a week).
• Responsible for root-cause analysis on electrical/controls/ programing issues.
• Assist in management and storage of controls related software and hardware in accordance with good manufacturing practices.
• Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, programmable logic control (PLC) I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
• Troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving issues at machine centers and throughout the production facility
• Performing high level electrical audits and adjustments per original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications
• Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
• Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and OEM standards
• Working with the Production and Maintenance teams to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
We Are Looking For People Who
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Technology or related discipline AND 5+ years electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control programming/trouble-shooting experience in a manufacturing environment. Comfort with assembling/wiring and configuring all flavors of Rockwell PLCs, Dual-Channel Safety Circuits and Components, HMIs, Variable Frequency Drives, or similar systems. Experience with Factory Talk Batch or similar system. Automation Integration. Experience troubleshooting OEM logix with respect to Plant Automation i.e., Robotic Cell and Cell PLC interface, Wrapping Units, Extrusion Systems, Taping Units, Box Formers and Closers. Strong understanding of Ethernet/IP Technology. Working Knowledge of NEC, NEMA/IP standards. Experience with Plant Conveying Technologies, control valves, electrical distribution, and/or industrial instrumentation for flow, level, pressure and temperature. Willing and able to support a continuously running operation. Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints. Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet production needs.
What You Can Add To The Team
Bottling line controls experience
HAACP, ISO, Food standards implementation
Experience with CIP circuits in a food manufacturing environment.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Production
Req ID: JR-00004634