Brown-Forman Lead Analyst - Corporate FP and A in Louisville, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
As a key member of the FP&A team, the Lead Analyst Corporate FP&A will play a vital role in supporting reporting, analytical, and forecasting processes. Will work with other members of the FP&A team, as well as individuals from various other groups (ex: regional finance directors, Accounting, Treasury, Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Credit). Will be responsible for important periodic financial reporting analysis, including preparation of information included in monthly
Business Update reports to the company’s Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team as well as preparation of the quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis to be included in the company’s SEC filings.
What You Can Expect:
Responsibilities include internal and external reporting (monthly, quarterly, & annually), decision support, business planning and forecasting related to foreign exchange (“FX”) and cash flows, and trend/variance analysis with a focus on communicating quantitative and qualitative information in a clear, accurate, and timely manner.
Specific responsibilities include
● Prepare financial information, financial analysis, and written summaries to be included in the monthly Business Update reports to the company’s Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team; also includes overall timing and coordination of other members contributing to report. In addition, contribute to the preparation of high visibility presentations for the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
● Prepare analytical support, key financial tables, and Management’s Discussion and Analysis to be included in the company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings
● Assist with key analysis of business results (variances and trends in sales, margin, and expenses) on monthly, quarterly, YTD and YTG performance measurements
● Create, leverage, and deploy financial models for own use and for use by other finance staff
● Support financial and regional finance directors during the quarterly outlook process and on an adhoc basis as needed, through deployment of analytical tools and simplified reporting formats (Excel, PowerPivot, PowerQuery, Workiva, etc.)
● Maintain hierarchy information for Daniel’s data (PowerPivot) to be used in both internal and external FP&A reporting
● Maintain the trial balance mapping to be used for consolidated financial statements in Workiva
● Loading monthly financial statement data from SAP and Daniel’s into Workiva to feed monthly flash report, net asset base calculation, ROIC calculations, 10-Q/K financials and analysis, quarterly earnings release and slides, balance sheet review, board report, and management presentations
● Develop solutions to continuously improve and streamline processes, while creating finance operational efficiencies. Implement process improvements leveraging technology across the reporting environment encompassing both internal and external reporting.
● Manage FP&A’s FX reporting and analysis processes, including:
○ The monthly foreign cash flow exposure forecast provided to the Treasury
department to support the company’s hedging policy
○ The monthly FX forecast for input into the full-year EPS outlook, and
○ Ad hoc FX support that is provided to both the Treasury department and the
Chief Accounting Officer.
● Review and coordinate presentation of certain financial information that appears in materials published by Investor Relations
● Prepare footnote and other disclosures in specialized reporting software (Workiva)
● Assist in the preparation of materials for Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee meetings
● Prepare and review support documentation for the company’s SEC filings to ensure disclosures are appropriate and accurate
What You Bring to the Table:
● BS or BA in accounting or Finance plus at least five years of experience in finance / accounting field with a financial/analytical focus
● Superior attention to detail with top-notch accuracy
● Ability to validate, analyze, and sort through large amounts of data
● Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, comfortable playing an active role in formulating hypotheses, designing and developing models and business tools, and presenting results in a clear, concise format
● Thorough understanding of financial statements (ex: income statements, balance sheets, statement of cash flows, etc.)
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Possess the ability, desire, and skills necessary to interact with upper management and to advance within the organization
● Self-motivated to work independently and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
● Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel (including graphing, pivot tables, V-lookups and other advanced functions)
What Makes You Unique (Preferred Requirements):
● CPA and/or MBA
● Solid understanding of BF commercial operations, regional finance experience
● Experience with improving and advancing existing financial systems to improve data accessibility and flexibility
● Experience with PowerPivot, PowerQuery, SAP/ERP, Business Warehouse (BW), Workiva, or willingness to learn
Competencies For Success:
● Team-player with the ability to create partnerships and build effective relationships
● Strong intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and conceptual skills
● Comfortable with having to adjust to changes in work environment, work under pressure with a sense of urgency, meet tight deadlines, and operate in a challenging data/systems environment
● Strong sense of accountability and ownership
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00006054