Brown-Forman Tax Accountant in Louisville, Kentucky
"This position provides a unique opportunity to work in the spirits industry by joining Brown-Forman’s corporate tax team. We are looking for proactive individuals with excellent attention to detail that want to be part of a collaborative environment committed to on-going learning due to the ever-changing Federal and State tax rules and regulations."-hiring manager, Director Domestic Income Tax & Tax Audits
Meaningful Work From Day One:
The role will provide support to the Corporate Tax group on all U.S. federal and state income and franchise tax compliance processes. The role will include the preparation of U.S. Federal and State and Local income tax provisions and assistance with other domestic tax reporting projects. The position will also support state and federal tax audits and tax planning as needed.
What You Can Expect in The Role:
● Prepare federal and state income tax returns of Brown-Forman and its subsidiaries and
affiliated corporations. Includes importation of trial balances, preparation of book
adjustments, depreciation calculations, reclasses, eliminations, and Schedule M-3
adjustments for all entities included in the consolidated tax return.
● File federal and state income tax returns electronically or coordinate mailing of returns if
● Assist in data gathering for and preparation of annual state apportionment calculations
● Assist in calculating the quarterly estimated Federal and State and Local income tax
payments and extension payments for Brown-Forman Corporation and its subsidiaries
and affiliated corporations. Assist in uploading payments to the state payment systems.
● Assist with federal and state income tax audits as needed, including the preparation of
any required amended returns.
● Assist in all aspects of domestic subsidiaries’ quarterly and annual income tax provision
computations and other income tax accounting processes, ensuring compliance with
Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
● Prepare quarterly balance sheet fluctuation analysis for all income tax related general
● Prepare quarterly cash tax detail and fluctuation analysis
● Prepare quarterly reconciliations of domestic tax accounts for Brown-Forman and its
subsidiaries, including the gathering of documentation support in order to assure that
they reflect accurate balances.
● Research and document U.S. tax issues
● Assist with various other routine and recurring tax projects
● Assist with special tax projects as needed
● Assist with the implementation process improvement efforts for domestic tax reporting
● Assist in the further integration of tax technology as part of tax provision and compliance
processes in order to improve automation and efficiencies.
● Assist in standardizing processes and workpapers for domestic tax processes.
What Exactly Are We Looking For?
● Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance or another relevant field
● 1-3 years of experience in a CPA firm or corporate tax environment desired, including the
preparation of consolidated federal income tax returns
● Strong data and analytical skills.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
● Team player with curiosity and desire to learn
● Strong interpersonal and communications skills
● Demonstrated ability to use technology solutions, including Excel computer software or
other similar computer spreadsheet applications and tax compliance and accounting
applications such OneSource
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Finance
Req ID: JR-00004471