Brown-Forman Market Manager On Premise - Northern California in San Francisco, California
Location: This position will cover the greater Bay area.
What Makes This A Great Opportunity?
Key Account & Consumer Development
● Establish positive customer rapport in assigned accounts and with key distributor sales &
● Sell-in and execute National Sales Programs and assist in the development of Regional Programs.
● Collaborate with Field Marketing team to develop local programming that best fits consumer’s
● Execute sponsorship or partnership activation that is within assigned accounts.
● Lead the San Francisco Brand Ambassador teams to activate brand and account goals.
● Responsible for managing distributor KPI’s & leading sales activities.
● Champions the effort in winning at the point of purchase, by building lasting trade relationships
and working unusual hours including late nights and weekends.
Events, Education & Training
● Ensures appropriate targeting and coordination of BF presence at large-scale consumer and
trade brand events in the region.
● Trains and educates distributor and agency partners on B-F portfolio.
● Leads distributor Sales Meetings.
● Plans and coordinates distillery representative market visits.
● Facilitates Home Place visits for market customers and guests.
Planning & Evaluation
● Share best practices from local activations and communicate competitive intelligence.
● Manage priorities and assigned budgeting to deliver desired goals in key accounts.
● Monitors brand performance with the expectation of exceeding market segment trends
● Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, retailers, bartenders, wait
staff, promotion agencies and consumers.
● Participates in on-going planning meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required.
● Manages the execution of National/Regional programming through distributor account teams.
● Collaborates with multiple divisional contacts consisting of sales team, brand team, finance team
and field marketing team
● Connects with multiple external contacts including the distributor, broker, licensee
owner/managers, bartenders, wait staff, promotion agencies and consumers.
What Exactly Are We Looking For ?
● Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years industry experience and/or 4 years sales experience in a
consumer products industry.
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with distributor,
broker, accounts and all internal stakeholders.
● Demonstrated strong coaching and sales training skills
● Demonstrated knowledge of on-premise business and three-tier distribution system
● Team player: Able to put the needs of the overall Brown-Forman business above the specific
needs of the territory or team. Seeks out opportunities to collaborate with leaders in other
channels and territories. Keeps relevant parties informed of activity and seeks similar behavior
from the area team.
● Literate with spreadsheet programs (such as Excel & Google), word processing programs (such as
Word), presentation programs (such as PowerPoint) and communication programs (such as
● Must have valid state driver’s license.
● Physical ability to lift 60 pounds.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: USA & Canada
City: San Francisco
Req ID: JR-00005079