Brown-Forman Woodford Reserve- Retail Floor Lead in Versailles, Kentucky
Meaningful Work From Day One:
Provides support to the retail management team in all aspects of the daily operations of the gift shop. Assists in the supervision and daily direction of sales associates. Manages incoming orders and daily customer communications. Highly motivated and ensures the gift shop is aligned with brand goals and delivers a premium shopping experience to all visitors and outside customers.
What You Can Expect:
● Manages B-F hourly and agency retail associates
● Conducts performance evaluations for direct reports and retail team
● Coaches and develops team for job performance
● Keep the team motivated and focused on our visitors and to provide a great customer experience
● Guide the team on merchandise restocking and meeting SOPs.
● Prepares staffing schedules for management approval
● Oversees bottle engraving program
● Directly manages retail email account
● Assists with gift shop opening and closing procedures
● Prepares deposits and balance cash drawers
● Investigates discrepancies with cash drawers and reports appropriately
● Responsible for maintaining the presentation and visual appearance of the sales floor
● Ensure adequate stock levels are always maintained on the floor
● Manages shipping program, ensuring orders are fulfilled properly and shipped in a timely manner
● Responsible for creating monthly shipping and tax reports
● Assist the retail management staff with various tasks and projects as delegated
● Assist the inventory team with the movement of merchandise between the warehouse and gift shop as well as assist with receiving pallets
● Ensures all pricing and barcodes on merchandise is accurate
● Participates in periodic cycle counts and physical inventory
● Works with back-end team to ensure maximum efficiency of operational functions
● Responsible for maintaining visual merchandising standards and strategy
Visitor Experience and Sales:
● Assist guests on the sales floor to provide exceptional customer service.
● Discuss and educate visitors on the WR brand, history, and merchandise
● Strive to meet bottle and general merchandise sales goals.
● Answers customer questions and resolves customer issues
● Always Provides excellent customer service
● Accurately complete transactions and handles money
● Perform Bottle engravings when needed
Retail Team Training and SOP development:
● Ensure rules and laws are always being followed by the team
● Consistently review and make recommendations for enhancements and efficiencies to the front of house Retail SOPs.
● Train all new team members.
● Participates in trainings and meetings as requested
We Are Looking For People Who:
● A minimum of 4 years of retail experience is required.
● 2 years of direct management experience required
● Associates Degree
● Highly proficient in communicating skills
● Must be able to successfully manage, coach, and lead an engaged team
● Must have an understanding of inventory management
● Must have basic computer knowledge and ability to learn to operate computerized equipment and systems
● Must be 21 years of age or older
● Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time.
● Must be able to lift and carry from the ground to waist height up to 50 pounds ● Must be able to work any shift and/or overtime as required.
● Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
● Must be able to work occasional evening events.
● Physical activity on a regular basis is required
What Sets You Apart:
● Retail experience in the spirits/ wine industry preferred.
● Ability to provide exceptional customer service
● Ability to lead by example and demonstrate rules, knowledge of our products, and history
● Demonstrate customer service skills
● Able to operate retail software and troubleshoot minor technology issues
● Able to operate engraver and Corel Draw
● Strong math skills
● Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
● High accountability
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy
● Ability to work well with others and contribute positively to the Woodford Reserve Team
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: Global Marketing
Req ID: JR-00003111